Cedars-Sinai Career Float RN II, 12Hr - FT Nights - AWS in Los Angeles, California
Makea difference in Cedars-Sinai's nurse float pool!
Enjoy the flexibility of being afloat-pool nurse while building your career at Cedars-Sinai.
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to
many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a
diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated
healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities
to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
Join our float pool and expand ourexcellence in human caring.
Our nursing float pool not only provides a crucial service for
those we have the privilege to serve, they are also a support network for the
entire nursing team.
Supporting multiple units not onlyexpands your experience it also expands your earning potential.
It's a win-win-win – Cedars-Sinai gains flexibility to satisfy
patient load, you can earn more money, and our patients benefit from highly
educated staff with interdisciplinary experience.
The work you will do every single day will touch others' lives.
They will know you care in the quiet moments together and through your hustle
to get the job done. Your colleagues will feel your support when you laugh and
We'll share in a culture of passion and dedication that pulses
through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our
fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. Join us and
discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best
As a Career Float Registered Nurse,you will achieve the remarkable
Assuring that the voice of each patient is heard and respected. Standing up for
right-thinking, right action, and right practice for those we care for, their
families, each other and for our institution.
You'll establish a
global awareness. Viewing healthcare from both a macro and micro perspective,
with an understanding of how the profession of nursing fits into the
ever-changing healthcare landscape.
You'll have courage -
Aggressively acting on the strength of our convictions, advocating for our
patients, our colleagues and ourselves in both clinical and administrative
settings, even in difficult circumstances.
You will consider many
perspectives. Valuing each person as an individual with different origins and
different points of view – sharing the common goal of doing the right thing.
You'll foster the
continuity and quality of care with the best interest of patients, their
families and support networks in mind.
You will collaborate
with integrated health care teams. Serving as a consultant and resource for the
teams you support.
You will demonstrate
motivation, creativity and serve as a catalyst for effective changes within
nursing at the unit, division, and organizational levels.
You will apply clinical
knowledge regarding standard patterns of care to consolidate interventions for
time and cost savings.
You will be an advocate
for patient-centered care, patient rights and meeting customer's expectations.
You'll use the available
resources to expand your skills, and knowledge in the service of patient care
and personal growth. #JOBS
· Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
· California State RN License required
· BLS certification required
· ACLS & PALS certification required for RNs floated to certain designated units
· National Specialty Certification preferred
· 2 years of RN acute care experience.
· Experience in two or more nursing specialty areas preferred (Adult Med/Surg/Tele/PCU, Adult ICU/PACU, Women’s Services, NICU & PICU, or Emergency Services)
· Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned clinical nurse level and specialties.
· Demonstrates a dedication to perfection in customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
· Outstanding communication skills, integrity and flexibility.
Min. Physical Requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Full sensory response (vision, speech, hearing, smell, touch)
· Manual finger dexterity and fine motor skills with eye-hand coordination
· Frequent standing, walking, twisting (trunk, neck), bending (waist)
flexing/extending/stretching (extremities and trunk)
· Occasional sitting, gripping/grasping, reaching below shoulder level, reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, squatting
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull at least 100 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds.
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.