Cedars-Sinai Career Float RN III, 12Hr - FT Nights - AWS in Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Cedars-Sinai's nurse float pool!
Enjoy the flexibility of being a float-pool nurse while building your career at Cedars-Sinai.
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
Join our float pool and expand our excellence in human caring.
Our nursing float pool not only provides a crucial service for those we have the privilege to serve, they are also a support network for the entire nursing team.
Supporting multiple units not only expands your experience it also expands your earning potential.
It's a win-win-win – Cedars-Sinai gains flexibility to satisfy patient load, you can earn more money, and our patients benefit from highly educated staff with interdisciplinary experience.
The work you will do every single day will touch others' lives. They will know you care in the quiet moments together and through your hustle to get the job done. Your colleagues will feel your support when you laugh and learn together.
We'll share in a culture of passion and dedication that pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. Join us and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
As a Career Float Registered Nurse, you will achieve the remarkable
· You'll advocate. Assuring that the voice of each patient is heard and respected. Standing up for right-thinking, right action, and right practice for those we care for, their families, each other and for our institution.
· You'll establish a global awareness. Viewing healthcare from both a macro and micro perspective, with an understanding of how the profession of nursing fits into the ever-changing healthcare landscape.
· You'll have courage - Aggressively acting on the strength of our convictions, advocating for our patients, our colleagues and ourselves in both clinical and administrative settings, even in difficult circumstances.
· You will consider many perspectives. Valuing each person as an individual with different origins and different points of view – sharing the common goal of doing the right thing.
· You'll foster the continuity and quality of care with the best interest of patients, their families and support networks in mind.
· You will collaborate with integrated health care teams. Serving as a consultant and resource for the teams you support.
· You will demonstrate motivation, creativity and serve as a catalyst for effective changes within nursing at the unit, division, and organizational levels.
· You will apply clinical knowledge regarding standard patterns of care to consolidate interventions for time and cost savings.
· You will be an advocate for patient-centered care, patient rights and meeting customer's expectations.
· You'll use the available resources to expand your skills, and knowledge in the service of patient care and personal growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
California State RN License required
BLS certification required
ACLS & PALS certification required for RNs floated to certain designated units
Specialty Certification required (external candidates have one year to obtain after hired)
Must be a Clinical Nurse II at CSMC for at least one (1) year, to be promoted within the clinical ladder.
3 years of RN acute care experience
Experience in two or more nursing specialty areas (Adult Med/Surg/Tele/PCU, Adult ICU/PACU, Women’s Services, NICU & PICU, or Emergency Services)
Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned clinical nurse level and specialties.
Demonstrates a dedication to perfection in customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
Outstanding communication skills, integrity and flexibility
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.