Cedars-Sinai Nutrition Care Rep (Diet Clerk) - Food Services - Per Diem - Days in Los Angeles, California
Summary: The Nutrition Care Representative (NCR) performs an important role as ambassador and facilitator of patient food services on the patient care unit. Individuals in this role must possess superior customer relations and organizational skills with a dedication to “follow through” on requests when acting as the human interface between the patient and the food service operation. Responsibilities include processing, validating, and interpreting physician diet prescriptions as conveyed by nursing personnel, collection and correction of patient menu selections in conformance with the physician’s diet order, addressing and following up on concerns and issues related to patient satisfaction, and handling routine clerical, data entry and nutrition care responsibilities on the unit. Performs all duties with sensitivity and attention to the cultural, age, developmental, and environmental safety issues of the patient population(s) served. Collaborates with leadership staff to improve the quality of service and nutrition care service provided to patients.
This position requires a dedication to “follow through” on requests and services desired by the patient.
High School Diploma or equivalent highly desirable. Completion of minimum course work related to food service and/or nutrition highly preferred.
· Two years customer service and/or food service experience preferred. Experience as captain or equivalent position highly desirable.
· Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred.
· Other: Organizational ability to include coordination of multiple projects within established timeframes, problem analysis and resolution, and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be customer oriented.
· Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills). As applicable to individual job duties and expectations, employee must additionally possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, e-mail, browsers and on-line reporting.
· Must be able to perform basic calculations.
· Ability to type 40 words per minute highly desirable.
· Must be able to communicate in English, verbally and in writing, with staff, customers, and patients over the telephone or in person.
· Must be able to speak clearly and enunciate over the telephone.
· Must have good listening skills.
Work Environment (work environments, hazards and exposures the employee may encounter on the job):
§ Must be able to perform assigned duties in a work environment with temperature changes - extreme cold when working in and around freezers, and extreme heat when working around ovens.
§ May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
§ Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit conditions.
§ Subject to frequent handwashing and use of alcohol based hand sanitizer.
§ Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
§ Subject to interruptions.
§ Subject to irregular hours; occasionally covering varied shifts.
§ Subject to regular changing priorities and work assignments.
§ Subject to moderate noise level in work environment.
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.