Cedars-Sinai Senior LVN - The Angeles Clinic - Medical Oncology/Research in Los Angeles, California
Are you ready to bring your skills to a world-class healthcare organization recognized as one of the top ten in the United States? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California!
Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit, independent healthcare organization committed to improving the health status of the communities we serve through:
Leadership and excellence in delivering quality healthcare services
Expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research
Educating and training physicians and other healthcare professionals
Quality patient care is our priority. Providing excellent clinical and service quality, offering compassionate care, and supporting research and medical education are essential to our mission. We have been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022-
- Why work here?
Beyond outstanding benefits, competitive salaries and health and dental insurance we take pride in hiring the best, most passionate employees. Our talented staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. You can look forward to working closely with our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists to advance cancer care.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Senior LVN is a supportive role to the department lead LVN and/or department leadership. This role is responsible for providing direct patient care, coordinating patient care workflows, coordinating, and monitoring staffing to meet the needs in the operations of the practice. The senior LVN will work collaboratively with clinical staff, physicians, leadership and other disciplines of the medical team to provide safe and efficient patient-centered care.
Job duties and responsibilities:
· Provides orientation and training for new clinical staff
· Conducts departmental orientation and assures that onboarding measures have been met to meet the needs of the department and of the employee
· Administers prescribed medications, injections, or IV medications using best practice and as directed by provider
· Assist with drawing blood, hydrating blood for patient and will be trained on draining patient blood as needed
· Observes patient, documents, and reports any changes in condition to the provider for instructions in taking necessary actions for care
· Maintains a functional work environment by maintaining quality assurance/quality control logs, regulatory needs within the clinical space, needed supply levels, and housekeeping throughout the work environment.
· Answers patient and physician incoming messages with provider input
· Provides basic patient care and treatments such as taking vitals, performing diagnostic tests, phlebotomy, and specimen collection directed by the provider.
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current and valid California LVN License required
· 3+ years of LVN experience in an outpatient setting required
BLS from the American Heart Association and/or the American Red Cross required
Intravenous/Blood Withdrawal Certification is required
Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars- Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow's health professionals. Additionally, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a commitment to the community through programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
About the Team
With a growing number of primary urgent and specialty care locations across Southern California, Cedars-Sinai’s medical network serves people near where they live. Delivering coordinated, compassionate healthcare you can join our network of clinicians and physicians to improve the healthcare people throughout Los Angeles and beyond.
Req ID : HRC1441211
Working Title : Senior LVN - The Angeles Clinic - Medical Oncology/Research
Department : Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
Business Entity : Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation
Job Category : Nursing
Job Specialty : Nursing
Overtime Status : NONEXEMPT
Primary Shift : Day
Shift Duration : 8 hour
Base Pay : $28.52 - $44.21
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.